WVGS Salt Lake City Research Trip
March 19-26, 2023
Room Reservations: On Your Own
Each Attendee is responsible for calling in and guaranteeing their own reservations with a credit card or first night deposit.
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, 122 W. South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT
Direct Phone Line: (801) 521-0130
NOTE: When calling to reserve a room, you must reserve through Rich Williams in Group Sales and identify yourself as being with West Valley Genealogical Society group.
If rooming with someone, please let Rich know that as well.
Types of Rooms and Prices Available: (the following prices do not include a 13.82% room tax.)
Standard (5 Reserved)
Single/Double Occupancy…………….$98 per night
Triple/Quadruple Occupancy ……..$105 per night
Deluxe (7 Reserved)
Single/Double Occupancy…………..$108 per night
Triple/Quadruple Occupancy ……..$115 per night
All rooms have two beds, small refrigerator, microwave, cofee/tea maker, TV, etc.
- Other Fees:
- Parking: $10/day
- Rollaway: $10
- Check In: 3 p.m. MST; Check Out 11 a.m. MST
- Cancellations: Must be made 72 hours (3 days) prior to day of arrival to avoid one night’s room charge.
- Cut-off Date: These rooms and rates are available for reservations until February 19, 2023. Don’t delay. Reserve your spot now.
- Each person is expected to make their own travel arrangements.
- To get from the airport to the hotel, you can rent a car, take a cab or Uber, or catch the metro train. Te train stops right in front of the hotel.
Things To Do:
- Welcome Night: We will meet together the first night at the hotel to get name badges and to hear a presentation from a local expert on the Family History Library.
- Research at the FHL: Current library hours are:
Monday, Friday, Saturday—9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and
Tuesday-Thursday—9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tabernacle Choir Rehearsal: Thursday, 7:30 p.m.
Please let Marilyn know if you are interested in attending, so we can have the tickets prior to arrival. This is a free event held in the Tabernacle on Temple Square, across the street from the library. Plan to spend 2 hours.
- Friday Night Pizza Social: Afer 5 days of research, let’s get together, relax, and share our experiences.
- Tabernacle Organ Recitals: Daily pipe organ recitals are open to the public, Monday-Saturday, at Noon and 2 p.m. in the Tabernacle on Temple Square. Entry is through Door 1. Plan to spend 80 minutes. This will be up to the individual’s choice whether to attend.
- Church History Museum: Located on the north
side of the Family History Library
- JB’s Restaurant is closed. As far as I know, no other restaurant has moved in to replace it.
- There are many restaurants near the hotel. The hotel has lists of shopping and dining for their guests. Some of the restaurants make deliveries.
- The Family History Library has vending machines with reasonable prices for lunches.
- Harmon’s Grocery, located in City Creek Center, is a favorite of visitors.